.This braided ponytail is perfect simple and chic weekend hairstyle.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- small hair elastic
- regular hair elastic
- bobby pins
- Section your hair. Separate the top section from ear to ear and clip the back section out of the way.
- Start your braid. I’ve started on the right so I can wear my ponytail to the left. Start with a small section of hair by your right ear and split it into three. Cross the left over the middle, then the right over the left. On the next section, add in some hair from your hairline.
- Make a lace braid from ear to ear. A lace braid is just like a French braid, but instead of adding in hair on both sides, you only add from one side. In this case, it’s the front along your hairline.
- Finish in a regular braid. Once you reach your ear, finish your lace braid in a normal braid (plait). Secure the end with an elastic.
- Gather all your hair in a side ponytail. Secure it with a hair elastic. I like to gently pull above the elastic to loosen my hair so that it’s not too tight.
- Wrap your braid around your ponytail. Cover your hair elastic with your braid and pin the ends underneath your ponytail.
- Start with curled or wavy textured hair for a great base for this style. I think it looks best with a little texture in your hair. The braid will definitely stay in place better too. So you can skip the wash day and try this hairstyle instead!
- Angle the braid across and then back. By keeping the angle back, your braid will sit flatter against your hair and look better in the finished style.
- If you want more volume then gently backcomb your hair at the crown for a little extra height.